Interested in joining our team?
Scroll down for current job openings!
We're always on the look out for people who share our passion for spices and sustainability. Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are looking for part-time help (20 hrs/week) in our Cambridge retail store! We're looking for someone who is energetic, passionate about food and spices with excellent hospitality skills.
Curio Spice Co. is a small, woman-owned business dedicated to finding unique, organic spices around the world and sourcing them in a sustainable way. We aim to create an intense sensory and educational experience for people who visit our store and to bring them closer to the communities of farmers around the world who cultivate these flavors. We operate a brick and mortar store and kitchen in Cambridge, MA where we sell pure spices, house spice blends, and spice accessories as well as teach classes. Our products are sold online, directly to restaurants, at farmers’ markets, and through other retail stores around the US.
Job duties of the spice associate will include:
· Fill and label spice bags/jars, build gift kits
· Be a 'docent' in our shop, guiding customers through our spice offerings, house-made blends & tools
· Operate the register
· Maintain house displays, cleanliness; restock shelves, rotate product
· Assist with mail orders
· Open and/or close the shop for the day
Availability to work Saturday and Sundays is a must up through Dec. 24th as is being able to stand for 8 hours, lift up to 50 lbs, and be flexible with a variety of tasks.
- Retail/food experience
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of cooking a variety of global cuisines
- Knowledge of socially & environmentally responsible business
We offercompetitive wages, a warm & enriching work experience with room to grow in our small, mission-driven company.
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com!
We look forward to meeting you!