Interested in joining our team?
We're always on the look out for people who share our passion for spices and sustainability. Send us your resume at email@example.com!
We're hiring a Bookkeeper!
Curio Spice Co. is looking for an experienced bookkeeper who’s passionate about food and cares about the impact their work has on the world. We expect the position to be about 15 hours per week in our Cambridge, MA store starting immediately.
Curio Spice Co. is a small, woman-owned business dedicated to finding unique, organic spices around the world and sourcing them in a sustainable way. We aim to create an intense sensory and educational experience for people who visit our store and to bring them closer to the communities of farmers around the world who cultivate these flavors. We operate a brick and mortar store and kitchen in Cambridge, MA where we sell pure spices, house spice blends, and spice accessories as well as teach classes. Our products are sold online, directly to restaurants, at farmers’ markets, and through other retail stores around the US.
We’re looking for someone who can help us maintain our financial and inventory information in order to provide insight for production and sourcing. It’s a complex business keeping track of almost a hundred different sources especially keeping in mind growing seasons and the scarcity of many of the unique spices we source -- not to mention the weather and other geopolitical shifts that impact our ability to work around the world.
We’d love to have you as part of our small, passionate team!!
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Use QuickBooks to maintain financial records including data entry, reconciling accounts, and financial reporting
- Process A/P and A/R
- Project and help to manage cash flow
- Track inventory and assist in forecasting to determine time and amount of inventory to purchase and produce
- Communicate with sources around the world
- Process payroll
- File and pay necessary local, state and federal taxes and other reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Work with an accountant to file corporate income taxes
- Provide administrative support as necessary
- Provide business insights by analyzing trends and creating financial reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Build systems to make running the business more efficient
- Being a small business, we’ll probably need help with all sorts of things so being flexible and a self-starter is very helpful!
- Experience with QuickBooks (we use QuickBooks Desktop for the Mac 2016)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- 2+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- 2+ years of inventory management and purchasing experience
- Familiarity with point of sale systems (we use Square)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to meeting you!