Turkey Brining Mix - 8 oz
Brining your turkey is the secret to a delicious, juicy bird!
An aromatic mix of Maine Sea Salt with rosemary, sage, thyme, fennel, coriander, juniper, cubeb, yellow mustard, orange peel, black pepper, and onion.
Just right for a 12-18 lb turkey.
You will need a large stockpot for making the brine and a vessel large enough to fit bird plus the liquid and keep it cool for an extended period!
A 5-gallon bucket with a lid works well or use a large brining bag fitted inside a cooler.
1. Wash and dry the turkey*. Set it inside the bucket or cooler.
2. Make the brine. Combine the brining mix with 2 cups light brown sugar and 1 gal water in the stockpot. Heat until the salt & sugar have dissolved.
3. Add 1 gal cold water to the pot, then pour all the brine over the turkey, submerging it completely.
4. Keep cool either in the fridge or with ice packs in a cooler. (Remember this is raw meat!)
5. Brine at least overnight and up to 2 days.
*Defrosted, if you bought it frozen.